Wednesday, September 19, 2012
10 reasons to attend the Jump$tart National Educator Conference
1. Tools, resources, information and support for teaching personal finance in the classroom.
2. A variety of workshops under three strands: advocacy, curricula / content, and personal development.
3. The opening reception is always fun. This year it will be with Jump$tart Leadership at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
4. Collaborate with peers who have a similar passion and interest from across the country.
5. Last year's Saturday Special Dinner Event was accompanied with a great show.
6. Lots of free financial education resources in the exhibit hall.
7. The opportunity for 15 professional development hours for Teachers
8. The opportunity to participate in a free financial planning clinic,
9. A financial educator certification program test on Friday, which I will be taking.
10. It is a coalition—an organization of organizations that share an interest in advancing financial literacy among students in pre-kindergarten through college. Their mission is a cause not a company, and they have pulled together about 150 national organizations and entities from the corporate, non-profit, academic, government and other sectors.
Click here to register for the Jump$tart National Educator Conference.