Friday, August 3, 2012

Bloom's Taxonomy



I am addicted to using Blooms Taxonomy. I even have a post-it-note on my desk at school with Bloom's written out for assessment, pedagogy, and inquiry questioning reminders.

If you have trouble remembering what Bloom's Taxonomy is you can print the illustration above and put it on your wall at school. To better understand it read this simple explanation. As I mentioned before, I apply the process in a number of ways, and move through the process with each unit of content. A fun way to analyze Bloom's Taxonomy is to read this comprehensive list of Bloom's resources by Larry Ferlazzo and organize into bookmarks what works best for you. Of course, the best way to evaluate Bloom's and get your Seinfeld fix in is to watch this video. After doing so I would recommend creating your own blog post to share what Bloom's Taxonomy resources would be best from a student's point of view.

Updated 10/1/12: Hyperlinked below are my six favorite Bloom's Taxonomy resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment